lørdag den 14. februar 2009

Gifts of Chance - Texts about Film

Jørgen Leth is one of the world's leading avant-garde directors. His creations are film festival fodder, and he has achieved star status both nationally and internationally with a number of films throughout the years. This newly published book is a collection of Leth's finest writings on film, covering his entire career. It includes poetics on film, texts on his best known films and synopses of those that were never produced. The book is a treasure for film buffs.
"Chance is my good friend. We enjoy an intimate relationship. It often comes to my aid in crucial situations. It moves things on, stepwise or in leaps. Sometimes I have a feeling of being in contact with chance. What invites chance in is that I keep my door open so that it can come in. Keeping the door open during a work in progress is a kind of invocation."
Read more here and here (Danish)